Remove Resource

This forum is closed, and read-only.
amcleod@unr.edu
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Remove Resource

Post by amcleod@unr.edu »

Hi,

I have another thing to discuss. When you import indicator data, the resource is added to the project and appears in the project list. You then go to validate the data and its delimiter. If you have errors in the data, like I did, you want to go back to the original file and fix the problem, in my case this was an excel file.

So, I then click on remove resource. Unfortunately, the SmartPLS deletes the file not only from the project but also from my computer file system. Remove resource should not do that. It should remove it from the project but not from my computer. That way I can remedy errors and add the file to the project again.

Thanks,

Alex
Diogenes
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title:

Post by Diogenes »

Hi Alex,
just one doubt... (I never had this problem)
1) I have saved my data as *csv file in a directory (for example: My Documents / class_2008 / example.csv)
2) When I import this file to SmartPLS a copy is created in the Workspace of the SmartPLS.
3) If I delected the imported file, it isremoved just from the Workspace, not from the "My Documents".
I hope this help.
Bido
amcleod@unr.edu
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by amcleod@unr.edu »

Interesting. When I import my .csv file from the same directory as my project, the system imports the original file into the project window. If I have missing values and want to go correct the data file, I remove the resource. The system removes my original data file. Luckily, I had another copy.

Are you using the current version?

Thanks,

Alex
alan_scott
PLS User
Real name and title:

Post by alan_scott »

I think this may be a major bug - if I save the data (.csv or .txt) into the same directory as the project, then when importing the data it actually shows no data in the validation window and it also deletes the datafile from the directory.

By experimenting, it seems that by having the datafile NOT in the project directory, and importing it from there, everything functions as normal.

Is this the case /