unclear reviewer's comment on latent variable correlations

This forum is closed, and read-only.
irene eleonora
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

unclear reviewer's comment on latent variable correlations

Post by irene eleonora »

Hello, I have a big problem in understanding a reviewer's comment. With reference to the Table with the Inter-Construct Correlations and Square Root of AVE statistics (which I report as a test of discriminant validity), the reviewer says "the correlations in Table 5 are not flagged with statistical significance. Please amend the table and provide some comments in the text. I would also suggest to use the factor scores instead of the averages and report in a footnote about (hopefully) consistent results".
I have two problems with such a comment:

1. I dont' know where I can find the statistical significance of such LV correlations in the PLS output (I am still using PLS 2.0) or, alternatively, how I can compute such significance.

2. I do not understand what the reviewer means when he suggests "use the factor scores instead of the averages" and how to do it.

I really don't know how to deal with such comment and I would be very grateful if someone could help me.
Best wishes and thank you since now

Irene
widefov
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: jh han

Re: unclear reviewer's comment on latent variable correlatio

Post by widefov »

Hi I got the same comments from a reviewer so was exploring this issue in this forum.
Did you get any good solution? If you have please tell me how you treated the significant level.

Regards,
Jeong
irene eleonora
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by irene eleonora »

Yes, I found a solution.
To compute the statistical significance of the LV correlations, you should copy and paste the PLS "Standardized Latent Variables Scores" to a software like SPSS and compute the pearson correlation coefficients.
Hope it helps

Regards

Irene
widefov
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: jh han

Post by widefov »

Yes, I noticed SmartPLS does not provide it.
Thank you very very much!