Threshold value for cut off

This forum is closed, and read-only.
Powino20
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Patrick Owino - Msc Student

Threshold value for cut off

Post by Powino20 »

I have modelled an IS adoption model using Smart PLS2, my problem is to proone the model so that those items that are below threshold value are dropped from the framework. Which calculation should I do, PLS Algorithm or Bootstrapping ?. Either of them will give weights over the paths. The question is how will I know which relationships are strong enough to keep and which ones are weak to drop from the model ?, so that I can end up with an improved model over the initial conceptual one ?
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Re: Threshold value for cut off

Post by cringle »

Some basic literature on PLS-SEM might be a good start. For example:

Hair, J.F., Hult, G.T.M., Ringle, C.M., Sarstedt, M., 2014. A Primer on Partial Least Squares Structural Equation Modeling (PLS-SEM). Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA.

Henseler, J., Ringle, C.M., Sinkovics, R.R., 2009. The Use of Partial Least Squares Path Modeling in International Marketing, in: Sinkovics, R.R., Ghauri, P.N. (Eds.), Advances in International Marketing. Emerald Bingley, pp. 277-320.

PLS is the model estimation; bootstrapping allows significance testing.

Best
CR
Powino20
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Patrick Owino - Msc Student

Post by Powino20 »

Unfortunately, this material is not freely available. But my question was, yes bootstrapping allows significance testing, What levels are the allowed significant thresholds ?.

Please bear with me, still green on this !
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Post by cringle »

Hi

Just google and you will easily find the above article that I mentioned. Also, in the ->announcements ->literature section of this form is a download link that gives you a lot of PDF.

Researchers often use significance levels of p < 0.05. Run bootstrapping and check. But dropping indicators and relationships shoudl be addressed with care.

Best
CR