Calculation of p-value

This forum is closed, and read-only.
deepal2277
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Calculation of p-value

Post by deepal2277 »

hello,

I have used smartpls for my study. I learnt a lot and finally have been successful in getting a valid result for my model. However, I have a query. I calculated p-value using TDIST function in excel. I have total 53 statements in my final model, divided into 15 factors. I used 53 minus one i.e. 52 as degrees of freedom in the formula to calculate p-value. Can anyone kindly guide me whether it is correct or not?

I want to heartily thank all the authors and experts of this platform for their quick and relevant replies. Such genuine guidance is rarely available. Thank you all...

Deepal Joshi
PLS junior user
Hengkov
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title: Hengky Latan

Post by Hengkov »

Hi,

DF = N-1 for one tailed and N-2 for two tailed.
But the result P-values and T-statistics same, not different.

Best regards,
deepal2277
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Thanks for Reply

Post by deepal2277 »

Dear Hengky,

Thanks a lot for your reply. It has helped me a lot. This forum has always given prompt reply for all queries. Thats great

Deepal
PLS junior user
deepal2277
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Query on p-value

Post by deepal2277 »

hi,

Using the TDIST formula in excel, I calculated p-value. In one relation, my T-statistic is 16.129, my N is 833. So Degrees of freedom is 832 and it is one-tailed test. So using these three values in TDIST formula, when I calculate p-value, I got 1.98316E-51 as the value. What does this mean? What is the possible error in my calculation?

Kindly help.

Thanks,
Deepal,
PLS junior user