Incompatible JVM error message?

This forum is closed, and read-only.
GeneFdez
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Incompatible JVM error message?

Post by GeneFdez »

Greetings! I recently downloaded SmartPLS 2.0 and am running MS Windows XP Professional (SP 2) with Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 Update 9. When I try to launch the SmartPLS application, I get the following error message:

Incompatible JVM:

“Version 1.3.1_01 of the JVM is not suitable for this product. Version 1.4.1 or greater is required. “

Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct this problem? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both SmartPLS and JRE files?

Thanks.
Gene
Gene F.
Lansing, Michigan
U.S.A
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Post by cringle »

Hi,

you probably installed the new Java version without uninstalling the old one (1.3 in your case). The system is somehow linked to the old environment. Everything should work fine if you remove the old Java environment.

Best
Christian
minutolo
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Version 1.3.1 error

Post by minutolo »

Hi,

I get the “Version 1.3.1_01 of the JVM is not suitable for this product. Version 1.4.1 or greater is required. “ error as well. I removed all of Java and installed the latest version; restarted and still continue to get the error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Marcel
Burggraf
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by Burggraf »

Hi,

I have the same problem. I uninstalled all Java versions and installed JRE 6.20 - the error stood.

Greetings
Lothar
dinessa
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Incompatibel JVM

Post by dinessa »

Same with me too. And another colleagues are also complaining.

Would it be possible to provide a download of the version with the right version of Java? I know it is not that efficient because of download traffic, but it would enable many of us to work with this nice software.

Beside of that even if newer versions of Java are installed, they are backwards compatible and this would not interfere with the current configurations of the most computers. I believe not many use the Japaneese distribution, so could you please do us this favor?

I really need to get this to work, otherwise my thesis is at stake :(

Mr Ringle, could you help?

In hope,
Dinessa