PLS Algorithm results won't appear

This forum is closed, and read-only.
pathlesstraveled
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

PLS Algorithm results won't appear

Post by pathlesstraveled »

Hi all, new user here.

My problem is that when I run the algorithm (with validated data and blue circles and all), it struggles, struggles, seems like it wants to go and then just disappears.

It worked once, slowly, but I haven't been able to reproduce it, even when I simplify the model, etc. The one time it did work, the same vanishing problem happened when I moved on to bootstrap the same model.

Could this be a memory problem? I'm running the software virtualized on a mac. The memory is set at the default (2000). I've got about 60,000 observations and 30+ indicators.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
huracan
PLS User
Real name and title:

Post by huracan »

Hi.

I had some similiar experience as what you had. Especially, it often happened to unstable operation when we conducted Bootstrapping operation. Sometime, it had a conflicting sound, vanishing problems, slow working, etc while taking bootstrapping procedure.

These symptoms can often be occurred based upon your system requirements such as virtual OS on Mac, especially, Parallel on Mac.

First option, you might have to have enough memory. i recommend you to set your memory expand.
Second option, Can you check your MS OS is 32bit or 64 bit? if you are using 32bit on Parallel on Mac, I recommend you to install 64 bit on Parallel on Mac for a stable performance.
Third option, when you conduct bootstrapping procedure, as possible as you can, be careful to multi-tasking, which consume much memory capacities.

Best regards,

Ken