Errors validating data file

This forum is closed, and read-only.
dvorad
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Errors validating data file

Post by dvorad »

When I import a .csv file, I get the message "The following errors occurred during validation. Please correct the errors and import the file again. Error 94: The dataset has 134 columns, but there are 135 indicators in total"

When looking at previous posts, it was recommended to save the file as a .csv 2003. Although I do not have an option on my desktop to select earlier versions of csv files, I went to an old laptop that has Excel 2003 and saved the data file as a .csv on that computer. I also tried saving the file as a text file and creating a new project with it. In both these cases, I get the same error message. I've checked the file multiple times and confirmed that all 135 columns exist and have data.

Any advice on how to solve this so I can see the indicators listed and then put them in my model would be greatly appreciated!
Hengkov
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title: Hengky Latan

Post by Hengkov »

Hi,

Try using txt file and import in SmartPLS. If you used csv 2007 or more, you must enter value -> example: 3;4;2;6;7;3;4.

Regards,
dvorad
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Still didn't work

Post by dvorad »

Dear Sarjana,

Thanks so much for responding to my query! Unfortunately, I am still having problems with both the txt and csv files.

I checked the .csv file, and it has values in either whole numbers or decimals (albeit occasionally in negative decimals, so if that is a problem, it would be helpful to know). So, having values should not be the problem.

I also tried to validate the data using a txt file. For the .txt file, I have the problem that all data seems to be condensed under the first indicator. I only have one column of data, and each row has a long list of values separated by commas (versus the multiple columns with each cell having a different value that I see when selecting the "comma" under "choose deliminator"). When I select "comma" for validation, I get the original error about too few columns. When I select any of the other deliminator options (e.g. "space"), I get an error message "Dataset 1 contains an invalid value [6,4,5...] in column 0", which repeats for "Dataset 2" onward.

Any other recommendations for solutions would be greatly appreciated!
aroseking
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

the same question

Post by aroseking »

RT
hello
giseleap
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

I'm having the same problem

Post by giseleap »

Please, have you solved this? If yes, could you tell me how?
Thank you so much.
zfayena
PLS User
Real name and title:

Post by zfayena »

Try to check if there are missing values in this raw
giseleap
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Solved

Post by giseleap »

I've solved it excluding categorical variables!

Thank you so much!
nurhidayah
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Solved the Errors validating data file

Post by nurhidayah »

Hai I solved the problems.

Thank you for Mr. Hengky Latan Super Expert PLS from Olah Data. He suggest that one of the problem was sampels < indicators. I got the problem when I use all scores of the the questioner as indicators. The sum of indicators were 77, my samples only 64. I reduced the indicators by grouping them according to the same dimention. The result, my indicators become 32 and the problems solved.