Errors in Bootstrapping

This forum is closed, and read-only.
swoolford
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Errors in Bootstrapping

Post by swoolford »

I have run the bootstrapping algorithm on a PLS model with both reflexive and formative constructs. The model satisfies the 'rule of 10' (there are 140 observations) but I get the error message:

"Error occured during outside estimation-Maybe there are two few observations"

Has any one experienced this issue?
Tiwelle
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by Tiwelle »

Hello,

I have the same problem (sample 90). Did you find a solution ?

Thank you.
swoolford
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Errors in bootstrapping

Post by swoolford »

I may have discovered the cause but I don't know whether there could be a system or algorithmic explanation. In my case I had a construct in the model that only had one indicator. That indicator only had three values and one value occured roughly 80% of the time. My guess is that one of the bootstrap samples may have only had a single value for this variable and so the OLS estimation failed
Diogenes
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title:

Post by Diogenes »

Hi,
the Sam's explanation is correct,
if we used the "search" function (green corner), there are other examples, usually with dummy variables (almost constant).

Best regards,
Bido
Tiwelle
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Re: Errors in bootstrapping

Post by Tiwelle »

swoolford wrote:I may have discovered the cause but I don't know whether there could be a system or algorithmic explanation. In my case I had a construct in the model that only had one indicator. That indicator only had three values and one value occured roughly 80% of the time. My guess is that one of the bootstrap samples may have only had a single value for this variable and so the OLS estimation failed
Hi,

Right ! it's the same problem for me.