Moderating Effects

This forum is closed, and read-only.
the_interpreter
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Moderating Effects

Post by the_interpreter »

I have a model with four LVs. For some reason, SmartPLS will only allow me to create a moderating effect for one of them. It doesn't seem to depend on their relationship with the other LVs, as far as I can see. Could anyone explain to me any characteristics that LVs have to fulfill before you add a moderating effect?
admin
PLS Senior User
Real name and title:

Post by admin »

Hi

That's how we implemented things using an auto function. If you would like to create moderating effects differently, manually create the interaction term, import the dataset with the additional indicators and run the analysis.

Check these articles:
Rigdon, E. E., Ringle, C. M., & Sarstedt, M. (2010). Structural Modeling of Heterogeneous Data with Partial Least Squares. In N. K. Malhotra (Ed.), Review of Marketing Research (Vol. 7, pp. 255-296). Armonk: Sharpe.

Henseler, J., & Chin, W. W. (2010). A Comparison of Approaches for the Analysis of Interaction Effects Between Latent Variables Using Partial Least Squares Path Modeling. Structural Equation Modeling, 17(1), 82-109.

Best
CR
Administration Team
bwilson
PLS Expert User
Real name and title:

Post by bwilson »

admin wrote:Hi

That's how we implemented things using an auto function. If you would like to create moderating effects differently, manually create the interaction term, import the dataset with the additional indicators and run the analysis
A nice SPSS add in by James Jaccard called Zumastat is worth looking at.
Cheap and good for interaction terms and other things.

best regards.
Bradley Wilson. Ph.D.
Senior Lecturer in Advertising.
RMIT University.
School of Media and Communication.
GPO Box 2476V
Location. 9.5.20
Melbourne. Victoria.
Australia.

SEE FOR PUBLICATIONS
www.rmit.edu.au/staff/bradleywilson