Validity Discriminant Problem on Second Order Construct

This forum is closed, and read-only.
r00kie_researcher
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Validity Discriminant Problem on Second Order Construct

Post by r00kie_researcher »

Hello, friends

I’m a student at postgraduate program in accounting and now working for my master thesis. This my first using PLS SEM then facing discriminant validity problem to my model which consist of eight latent construct. My model have two second-order constructs each include three first-order constructs, they are reflextive-formative type. I put dependency relationship between two second-order constructs. Before I relate those constructs I tested each second-order construct, each having problem with discriminant validity means second-order construct that endogenous have AVE (Average Variance Extracted) less than .5, my question:

1. Is that ok for second-order construct to having AVE less than .5?
2. How can i refine my model? Or solve this problem

Regards,
Triyoga
Hengkov
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title: Hengky Latan

Post by Hengkov »

Hi Yoga,

You have second-order construct Type II. For AVE must > 0.5. I recommend you check my books below for how to deal your problem and how to estimate second-order construct:

Latan, H., and Ghozali, I. 2012a. Partial Least Squares: Concept, Technique and Application SmartPLS 2.0 M3, BP UNDIP.

Latan, H., and Ghozali, I. 2012b. Partial Least Squares: Concept, Method and Application WarpPLS for Empirical Research, BP UNDIP.

Latan, H., and Ghozali, I. 2013. Partial Least Squares: Concept Application Path Modeling with XLSTAT, BP UNDIP.

Contact Prof. Ghozali for order it if you interest
(ghozali_imam@yahoo.com).

Best Regards,
Hengky
r00kie_researcher
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Good suggestion

Post by r00kie_researcher »

Thank you, Pak Latan

I'd like to order these refference and as soon as possible contact Pak Gozali.

1. Latan, H., and Ghozali, I. 2012a. Partial Least Squares: Concept, Technique and Application SmartPLS 2.0 M3, BP UNDIP.

2. Latan, H., and Ghozali, I. 2012b. Partial Least Squares: Concept, Method and Application WarpPLS for Empirical Research, BP UNDIP.

3. Latan, H., and Ghozali, I. 2013. Partial Least Squares: Concept Application Path Modeling with XLSTAT, BP UNDIP.

Thank you very much

Best Regards,
Triyoga