Where are my csv files and why I can't import .xsl files&

This forum is closed, and read-only.
wssvera
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Where are my csv files and why I can't import .xsl files&

Post by wssvera »

When I use smartPLS, I can't find the csv files. Moreover, I can't import .xsl files? Why? Who can tell me? Please help me! Thank you very much!
Diogenes
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title:

Post by Diogenes »

Hi,
SmartPLS could import *.csv and *.txt files.
Take care with: missing values, blanks, strings...
Best regards,
Bido
KingBruno
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by KingBruno »

Diogenes wrote: Take care with: missing values, blanks, strings...
Two tips from a smartPLS-Newbie:
  1. When CSV-Files are imported (via right-click on the project-icon in the project tab -> Import Indicator data) smartPLS moves the file from its original place to project's subfolder of the current smartPLS workspace directory.
  2. I was used to use the string "NA" as a placeholder for missing values in all my data files (because I do other statistical stuff in R). It took me a whole day of trial and error (plus extensive forum search) to realize, that smartPLS cannot handle "NA", because smartPLS does not allow any character values in the data file! (except the head line of course). Not even in columns that you never intended to use in your analysis. Replacing "NA" with some unique integer (e.g. 99999) is a 3-seconds tasks with any text editor, but removing all kind of non-integer factor variables (e.g. species names) is sometimes really annoying.
Tilman