This forum is closed, and read-only.
chsienwu
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Activity Key Questions

Post by chsienwu »

Pls help me!
I try a lot of pc that I got the message
"the key wasn't accepted by the server!". Any suggestions how I can resolve this issue ?

Thank you
ggvh
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by ggvh »

I encounter the same issue - when trying to run SmartPLS on my laptop. The program worked just fine a few weeks back, but now it keeps asking for the activation key, even though I have activated my version long ago. The activation key, however, is now of course expired - which I think causes the error-message.

On my desktop it won't work at all, something with that java runtime environment is missing in a certain path.

Does anybody know how to deal with this?
svbaal
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by svbaal »

I have the same problem and desperately need help. SmartPLS asks for the license key, I enter it, SmartPLS acknowledges, and then - closes. When I restart it, SmartPLS asks again for the license key. I tried turning off the firewall, de- and reinstalling SmartPLS, cleaning the registry, and so on.

Dear developers, what can we do?
gmoody
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Activation key woes

Post by gmoody »

I too have not been able to start up my application for over one month now. It all began when my key expired. So, I waited for a new key to be issued and I tried inputted the key. But, each time the program would crash, and after a few times it no longer crashes but now tells me that the server does not accept the key. Help anyone?
uarc
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

same problem on several computers

Post by uarc »

why the activation key wasn't accepted by server? I tried this three different computers and they are all window 7. Is there any window version compatibility issue? It has been three months since I can't install PLS. PLS solve this problem!!!!
Muhammad Iqbal
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Can not instal

Post by Muhammad Iqbal »

I have the same problems.. please.. anyone can help me??
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Post by cringle »

Hi

The key expires after 90 days. Just click on "My key" in the right upper corner to get a fresh key.

Best
CR
uarc
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by uarc »

I copied and pasted the key (new key) every time I tried to install, and the key wasn't accepted by server, every single time.
cringle
SmartPLS Developer

Post by cringle »

Hi

The problem is definitive at your end. The problem can have different sources. All of them have been discussed in this forum.

- There is a max. of three activations
- You need certain proxy setting
- You do not have writing rights for all folders on your PC (SmartPLS gets the activation back from our server and cannot write the key in a specific folder on your system; then again the max. of three activations can become a problem)

Best
Christian
yuliansyah
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by yuliansyah »

Hi there,

my key is not accepted by the server also.

I have entered the correct proxy settings and successfully activated it previously on my work computer.

I have successfully activated it on my other computers at home.

I suspect that the max 3 activations is the cause of my issue now. Will entering a new key resolve this problem and is there a way to generate a new key now? Clicking on my key only shows me the same key which expires on November 22.

What can be done so that i can activate this program on my computer today?

Thanks.
cringle
SmartPLS Developer

Post by cringle »

Hi

we need to access the database, search for your user account, alter your settings etc. I don't see having a minute in the the next couple of days.

Please register again but use a different email address.

Best regards
Christian Ringle
svanbaal
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by svanbaal »

svbaal wrote:I have the same problem and desperately need help. SmartPLS asks for the license key, I enter it, SmartPLS acknowledges, and then - closes. When I restart it, SmartPLS asks again for the license key. I tried turning off the firewall, de- and reinstalling SmartPLS, cleaning the registry, and so on.

Dear developers, what can we do?
My solution to this problem can be found here: viewtopic.php?t=2056