t values in model results

This forum is closed, and read-only.
tht
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

t values in model results

Post by tht »

Hi,

I wonder how the t-values for the path coefficients given in the regular model outcomes section (not the bootstrap) is calculated? I thought that PLS does not calculate such parameters due to its distribution-free character? I also found that these values differ from the n=200 bootstrap estimates.

Thanks Thorsten
thorsten.giesa
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by thorsten.giesa »

I would be interested in an answer to that question as well, especially as I am also looking for t-values for the FIMIX-PLS Path coefficients!

Thanks,

The other Thorsten ;-)
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Post by cringle »

Hi,

these are the t-values of the “regular” (multiple) regression in the structural model.

We just developed those values for internal test – if they go along with the distribution-free character of SmartPLS should be discussed in the forum “FAQ (Methodology)“.

As stated in other post, we did not include the cross-loadings in this version by mistake. Instead we added these t-values… - this will be corrected in the next SmartPLS release.

About the FIMIX-PLS t-statistics – those values are not calculated. As stated in our PLS’05 paper on FIMIX-PLS (Ringle/Wende/Will 2005, Customer segmentation with FIMIX-PLS, in: Aluja, T./Vinzi, V. E./Casanovas, J./Morineau, A./Tenenhaus, M. (Hrsg.): PLS and related methods : proceedings of the PLS'05 international symposium, Barcelona 2005, pp. 507-514), these t-values are calculated by aggregate as well as a priori segmented PLS-model-estimation (combined with bootstrapping).

Suggestions (with detailed information on the correct calculation) for generating “FIMIX-PLS t-statistics” are welcome and can be implemented in one of the upcoming releases (please post this in “Requested Features“).

Best regards
Christian
tht
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Thanks!

Post by tht »

Thanks much!

Thorsten