Activation key not working?

This forum is closed, and read-only.
qraza
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Activation key not working?

Post by qraza »

My activation key is not working. It used to work before. Also each time it ask me to enyer an activation key when I download it. Do I have to be online to work with PLS?
Razaurrehman Qazi
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Post by cringle »

Hi,

you have to be online to activate SmartPLS but not to work with it later on.

The activation key is principally good for only one installation on a certain system. If you install SmartPLS on another system, your key does not function. Please read the SmartPLS-Beta-Agreement for details on our activation key policy (downloads/smartpls/license.pdf).

However, please send a personal message to Sven - he will send you an alternative key.

Best
Christian
qraza
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Activation Key

Post by qraza »

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response. I have another question regarding the Key. Why my key is blocked? May be because I have used it several times. I download the software each time I used it because I was using the computer in computer labs on campus where I have to download it each time I work.

Also I have an urgent need to use PLS. Is there any alternate way to do it? Because I cant wait for 10 days. What if I cancel this key and get a new one? Let me know please ASAP because I really need it now.

Qazi
Razaurrehman Qazi
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Post by cringle »

Hi,

your key is only good for a single installation. With the release of SmartPLS 2.0 M2, we made a second installation posssible (e.g. for your laptop computer)
qraza
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Waiting for Key

Post by qraza »

Hi Ringle,

I still haven't got the key that you sent. How do I check my private message? I would appreciate if you could send me another key for my laptop.

Qazi
Razaurrehman Qazi
admin
PLS Senior User
Real name and title:

Re: Activation Key

Post by admin »

Hi,

i just sent you another key by email.
qraza wrote: Why my key is blocked? May be because I have used it several times. I download the software each time I used it because I was using the computer in computer labs on campus where I have to download it each time I work.
The activation process of SmartPLS assumes installations on your personal computer systems. The original key, you received in your welcome email allows you to install and activate SmartPLS on up to 3 different machines (maybe your private system at home, a laptop and a computer at your company).

If you must use SmartPLS on many different computer systems in computer labs on the campus, that is a "special" situation. It now depends on the configuration of the computer labs, if you really need a new key on every machine. After successful activation, SmartPLS stores some information in your home directory. As I know from computer labs on our university, my personal desktop as well as my home directory can be accessed from every machine, I log on. This doesn´t seem to be the case in your labs - so you are asked for a new key, every time you install SmartPLS on a new system.
Administration Team
lanem
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Activation Key is not working

Post by lanem »

Hi,
I have downloaded and installed SmartPLS however when I enter the activiation key

I get an error message saying an error occured during the acitivation process and at the moment I cannot use Smart PLS

Do you have any advice on how to get the activitation process working

Thanks Michael
Kind regards Dr Michael Lane
Lecturer Information Systems Department
Faculty of Business, University of Southern Queensland, Qld, Australia, 4350

Email: lanem@usq.edu.au

Phone: 617 46311 268
Fax:     617 46315 594
awill
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title:

Post by awill »

Hi!

First of all please make sure that, if your internet connection is managed by a proxy server, the proxy server settings are made properly within the activation wizard. If this isn't the source of your error, please send the SmartPLS log file to Sven and me (see "Contact"). This file is located:

[your SmartPLS2 folder]\workspace\.metadata\.log

Best,

Alex
aldas

activation key not working

Post by aldas »

Dear all,

I have changed the computer at my office in the university. It has the same ip address than the previous one, but when I have tried to reinstall smartpls I receive the message "The key wasn't accepted by the server".

I have also the program installed at my laptop and at anoother office in a university research institute, but that makes 3 installations that I thought it is the maximum. If the computer is different even having the same ip address it doesn't work? What should I do?

Thanking in advance your attention
tem3
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

License Key Expired

Post by tem3 »

Help!

I attempted to open SmartPLS today and received a message that my license key has expired, and I must enter another license key to reactivate. Where can I get this number? I initially loaded SmartPLS onto my computer in August, and downloaded the new version about 2 weeks ago.

Thank you,
Teresa McCarthy
Teresa M. McCarthy, PhD
College of Business and Economics
Lehigh University
621 Taylor Street
Bethlehem, PA 18049
Diogenes
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title:

Post by Diogenes »

Just click on "My key" in the corner of this page.

Best regards

Bido
maraujo
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

activation key not working

Post by maraujo »

Hi All.

I am trying to install the software, but the following message appears:

"An error occurred during the activation procedure".

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you forward!!
NomanMahmood
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Noman Mahmood

Re: Activation key not working?

Post by NomanMahmood »

Hello everyone.

I am a user of SmartPLS 3.
I recently purchased the license and used it for few days.
I have recently reinstalled my windows and SmartPLS on the same Laptop machine, I used the software before.
Now when I try to activate, it says, the license is already activated on another computer. Even though I am using same machine.
I also tried to manual procedure, but it did not work.

Please suggest
admin
PLS Senior User
Real name and title:

Post by admin »

Please contact our support team. They need to reset your key after reinstalling windows.
Administration Team
waqas
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: waqas ahmed khan afridi

Post by waqas »

Help!
I have SmartPLS2 in my system, since my teacher recommended me to use smartPLS3 full version for a 30 days trial, so i downloaded it but after installation when i put the provided license key it doesnt get activated. it says "License has expired. Please purchase a licecnse key to continue".
i tried the same process with my other ID but got same error.
what is the issue. please help!