Questions on Reflective-formative hierarchical model

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
pepperann
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Ann, Graduate student

Questions on Reflective-formative hierarchical model

Post by pepperann »

I have a reflective-formative HCM. In my model, ITGC is formative higher-order with 5 dimensions. COMP is first-order formative, which serves as a mediator in the structural model. ITRR is formative higher-order having 4 dimensions. I read Hair's A Primer On Partial Least Squares Structural Equation Modeling and used two-stage approach: a mixture of the repeated indicator approach and the use of latent variable scores on the higher-order construct (HOC). PLS algorithm results show the relationship between HOC and LOC are not so good (see the red rectangle in measurement model), however the bootstrapping t-statistics are higher than 1.96. In my measurement model, how to interpret the result between HOC and LOC? In my structural model, path relationship between COMP and ITRR, ITGC and ITRR are not significant (see the red rectangle). How do I interpret the model fit? How do I conclude on the hypotheses? Should I increase my samples? I had 105 cases here. I would really appreciate if anyone can help with me.
Attachments
Structrual Model PLS.png
Structrual Model PLS.png (25.54 KiB) Viewed 4306 times
Measurement Model PLS.png
Measurement Model PLS.png (76.15 KiB) Viewed 4306 times
semia.barouni
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: dr semia barouni

Re: Questions on Reflective-formative hierarchical model

Post by semia.barouni »

Would you please explain to me :how do you conduct a "two step approach"
i would appreciate if you share slide or video regarding two step approach and mixture approach