2nd order constructs and PLS-POS

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
Granola
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Martha Werner

2nd order constructs and PLS-POS

Post by Granola »

Dear PLS-experts,

My model consists of three 2nd order formative-formative constructs and two 2nd order reflective-formative constructs (among others).
Now, I would like to ckeck for unobserved heterogeneity by means of PLS-POS.
I'm just wondering how to do this in an appropriate way as I could not find any literature on this special case.
I would be very grateful if someone could give me an advice how to deal with this issue properly.
Many thanks in advance.

Best regards
Martha
Hengkov
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title: Hengky Latan

Re: 2nd order constructs and PLS-POS

Post by Hengkov »

Hi,

Check this reference

Becker, J.-M., Rai, A., Ringle, C. M., & Völckner, F. (2013). Discovering unobserved heterogeneity in structural equation models to avert validity threats. MIS Quarterly, 37(3), 665-694.

I always say that approach to test unobserved heterogeneity (FIMIX, PLS-POS, PATHMOX, PLS-GAS, etc) will always generate segement or same group as cluster analysis. So researchers had to make a strong reason to test this.

Best regards,
Last edited by Hengkov on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Granola
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Martha Werner

Re: 2nd order constructs and PLS-POS

Post by Granola »

Dear Hengkov,

Many thanks for your quick reply. I really appreciate it.

Thank you for literature recommendation. I already read the article.
The reason why I would like to check for unobserved heterogeneity is that it seems to be a "must" in the overall evaluation process (according to literature) and I want to check if my overall sample is actually homogenous.
And if I understood you and the literature correctly there is nothing special to take care of when dealing with 2n order constructs. Again, many thanks for your advice.

Best regards

Martha