SmartPLS 2 Analysis for Formative Measurement Model

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
tengku123
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Tengku Nur Azila binti Raja Mamat

SmartPLS 2 Analysis for Formative Measurement Model

Post by tengku123 »

Hi everybody,

I am referring to Hair, 2014 book titled "A Primer on Partial Least Squares Structural Equation Modeling (PLS-SEM)" while conducting analysis of formative measurement model. It is quite difficult since the book's examples are more to reflective measurement model.

If anybody knows, pg 153 shows models for assessing the convergent validity, but what is the indicator "attr_global", "csor_global", etc. stand for? what are the values of these indicator?

If you don't mind sharing any tutorial / examples of formative measurement model analysis with SmartPLS 2?

Many thanks.
Hengkov
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title: Hengky Latan

Re: SmartPLS 2 Analysis for Formative Measurement Model

Post by Hengkov »

Hi,

I think you should read chapter 5 of the book once again. The answer is already there

Greetings,
qitelata
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Dr. CHEN Xiaonan

Post by qitelata »

In practice, it just need to inverse the arrow from the manifest variables to the latent variable, but the theory base you should found from other paper
Priyankafox
PLS Senior User
Real name and title: Ms Priyanka

Post by Priyankafox »

I have a issue with this chapter too.

Does it mean we cannot do a test on convergent validity if we dont have a single item global measure that is reflective for our formative construct.

Say my formative construct is safety concern.

However this is no single item global measure for safety concern available in the literature (in fact safety perception is a scale I have developed, lets say) then what do I do?

Does this mean I can't conduct the test??

Thanks,
Priyanka