Assessing Change

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
mccobalt96
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: John McConnell

Assessing Change

Post by mccobalt96 »

Hello,

I am new to SmartPLS. I've taken the PLS-Academy Courses and found them extremely helpful. I was hoping to get some advice / thoughts from you experts. :)

In my study I am hoping to have 50 participants. I have a survey that participants will complete prior to the intervention (security training). Also, I will be running an analysis of the server administrators servers to assess their compliance with information security policy (a baseline for each administrator). After the training program the participants will complete the survey again and I will be running the analysis of their servers again to see if those variables changed (hopefully improved). I have a single group of participants that will participate in the intervention/study.

I've attached a visual I made that shows my proposed SmartPLS layout. I plan on running a SmartPLS analysis at point 1 and again at point 2 (post intervention) having separated out the data between the two time points. My question is - what is the best way to compare the dependent variable (compliance behavior) between point 1 (before intervention) and point 2 (after intervention) to assess if the program was successful and improved compliance? My advisor has suggested MANCOVA with the covariate being 0 or 1 to indicate pre or post-intervention results.

Is there a way to do this in SmartPLS?

I appreciate any dialog this can generate to help me better understand the recommendation and/or to identify a reasonable way to test this out.

Thanks,

John
Attachments
PLS SEM Model 3.1.png
PLS SEM Model 3.1.png (97.13 KiB) Viewed 61144 times