MICOM and Measurement Model

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
Ahmed
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Ahmed

MICOM and Measurement Model

Post by Ahmed »

Dears,

I am running a PLS-MGA using permutation for four set of groups in my model (each consists of two categorical variables e.g. male and female) and I am wondering whether the analysis of measurement model and structural model for each group is a prerequisite for MICOM. If yes, please enlighten us which criteria to evaluate and report?

My second concern is related to MICOM. The step 1 and 2 were established, and the path coefficients across both groups were computed. So, shall I continue the analysis of the step 3 or just stop and proceed to analyse the next variable?

The third inquiry is about reporting results; what do we have to report for PLS-MGA using permutation?

Thank you
jmbecker
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Dr. Jan-Michael Becker

Re: MICOM and Measurement Model

Post by jmbecker »

First, you want the normal assessment of your model (measurement and structural). However, it is not a pre-requisite for MICOM. In fact, when you have no measurement equivalence across groups you need to evaluate the model for each group. If you have full equivalence you can also evaluate the combined overall dataset.
For reporting guidelines on multi-group analysis please refer to the extend literature. For example,
Hair, J. F., Sarstedt, M., Ringle, C. M., & Gudergan, S. P. (2018). Advanced Issues in Partial Least Squares Structural Equation Modeling (PLS-SEM), Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
Henseler, J., Ringle, C. M., and Sinkovics, R. R. 2009. The Use of Partial Least Squares Path Modeling in International Marketing, Advances in International Marketing, 20: 277-320.
Sarstedt, M., Henseler, J., and Ringle, C. M. 2011. Multi-Group Analysis in Partial Least Squares (PLS) Path Modeling: Alternative Methods and Empirical Results, Advances in International Marketing, 22: 195-218.
Dr. Jan-Michael Becker, BI Norwegian Business School, SmartPLS Developer
Researchgate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jan_Michael_Becker
GoogleScholar: http://scholar.google.de/citations?user ... AAAJ&hl=de