Research Model including two manipulations (exogenous variables)

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
Joana_sch
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Joana Schiermeyer

Research Model including two manipulations (exogenous variables)

Post by Joana_sch »

Hello everybody,

I'm currently trying to analyse the data of my online experiment (Master's thesis).
The manipulation where two different kinds of personalization, hence, there are four different manipulations in total (i.e. no personalization at all, either one of the kinds or personalization alone, and both together).
I want to test the influence of these two kinds of personalization on three different variables and their influence on another one (this last part is not so important, as I'm pretty sure I got it right already when modeling everything in SmartPLS3).

So, I tried it now by using Personalization 1 and 2 as a latent variable (so it's either 1 (= personalization takes place) or 0 (= no personalization)).
Moreover, I included a moderator effect of Personalization 2 on Personalization 1 (for all three variables mentioned above).

My problem now is, that the results are all insignificant and I am not sure if this is because of the way I modelled everything in SmartPLS (binary and single item variables) or if this is actually the result of my experiment.

If anything is not properly explained, let me know.
Thank you so much in advance
Joana