How to implement my two layers' model in SMARTPLS? Includes

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
Orcin.kaya
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Orcin Kaya

How to implement my two layers' model in SMARTPLS? Includes

Post by Orcin.kaya »

Do you know how I can implement my two layers' reflective model in SMARTPLS ?
First layer independent latent variables go to the indicators & then the first independent latent variables go to the 2nd layer dependent latent variables?
As an example: some questions define the first independent latent variable of competition and competition with other first order independent latent variables define the second layer dependent latent variable of environment......

ATT: The major point of attention is that there is not any indicators for 2nd layer dependent latent variables and only first layer independent variables go to the 2nd layer dependent latent variables.

As a solution do you think it's possible to copy all sub-indicators of all first layer independent latent variables in their related second layer dependent latent variable to resolve the problem?

Thanks for your coming replies.
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Re: How to implement my two layers' model in SMARTPLS? Inclu

Post by cringle »

Do you mean higher-order models? A good start may be taking a look at some literature on higher-order models:

Hair, J. F., Sarstedt, M., Ringle, C. M., & Gudergan, S. P. (2018). Advanced Issues in Partial Least Squares Structural Equation Modeling (PLS-SEM). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.

Becker, J.-M., Klein, K., & Wetzels, M. (2012). Hierarchical Latent Variable Models in PLS-SEM: Guidelines for Using Reflective-Formative Type Models. Long Range Planning, 45(5-6), 359-394.

Ringle, C. M., Sarstedt, M., & Straub, D. W. (2012). A Critical Look at the Use of PLS-SEM in MIS Quarterly. MIS Quarterly, 36(1), iii-xiv.

Wetzels, M., Odekerken-Schroder, G., & van Oppen, C. (2009). Using PLS Path Modeling for Assessing Hierarchical Construct Models: Guidelines and Empirical Illustration. MIS Quarterly, 33(1), 177-195.

Also, you find many posts in this forum on this topic. Just use the serch function. Here is an axample: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16114

Best
Christian
Orcin.kaya
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Orcin Kaya

Re: How to implement my two layers' model in SMARTPLS? Inclu

Post by Orcin.kaya »

I mean "Hierarchical Construct Models".
Thank you so much for your kindness "Christian"