PLS-MGA - Outer loading of each sub-group

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
Joewin
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Joseph Au

PLS-MGA - Outer loading of each sub-group

Post by Joewin »

Dear all,

I'm new to smartpls, your help is highly appreciated!

I'm planning to run a PLS-MGA analysis on my data set. Originally, the outer loading of all indicators of the complete data set is in good shape, i.e. > 0.7. However, after grouping the data into two groups (A & B). Two indicators' outer loading of group A became very low (0.3). In that case, I've below questions.

1. Should I remove those indicators (0.3 outer loading) in the model to be tested by PLS-MGA?
2. Is only single model applied to both group? What I mean is, if I remove the indicators in group A, then those indicators will not be used in group B. Is that true?
2. I also want to report my model with full set of data. Therefore, do I need to remove those indicators (failed in group A) for the complete data set analysis?

Thanks in advance for your help!
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Re: PLS-MGA - Outer loading of each sub-group

Post by cringle »

Thanks. You would like to compare the same model (i.e., with the same set of indicators) across groups. For that purpose, you need to ensure measurement model invariance. Please take a look at this article:

Henseler, J., Ringle, C. M., & Sarstedt, M. (2016). Testing Measurement Invariance of Composites Using Partial Least Squares. International Marketing Review, 33(3), 405-431. http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/abs/1 ... alCode=imr

It should provide you with the answers you need.

Best
Christian
Joewin
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Joseph Au

Re: PLS-MGA - Outer loading of each sub-group

Post by Joewin »

Dear Prof Christian,

I've gone through your suggested literature, it's very helpful.

Thanks a lot!