HTMT

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
NRECUERO
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: nuria recuero virto. PhD

HTMT

Post by NRECUERO »

Good morning,
I have the following problem.
In a second-dimension model, I have one correlation that is 0.979 - when I calculated the model using 1st orders constructs all HTMT fulfilled the criterion (<.80)

How can I fix this issue?
Thanks in advance,
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Re: HTMT

Post by cringle »

I usually do not use second-order constructs. However, this often happens between first and second order models. But do you expect discriminant validity between these construct? Can you establish discriminant validity between the second order construct and all other constructs in the model (except the first order constructs)?

In the HTMT paper, you find recommendation how to solve discriminant validity problems. You either need to increase the correlation of indicators within the construct or to reduce it across constructs.

Kind regards
Christian
NRECUERO
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: nuria recuero virto. PhD

Post by NRECUERO »

Mr Ringle thank you for all your help.
The correlation that does not fit <0.90 is between two second order constructs
I have just realized that is because it does make sense that one of the first order constructs is included in the other second order construct. May I do a CFA? How can I justify this change when this second order constructs are already defined in literature (and contain the first order constructs)? I am in a revision process.
Thanks in advance
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Post by cringle »

Thanks. Could you merge the two second order constructs? Or would a third order construct make sense?