Missing Values

Questions about the implementation and application of the PLS-SEM method, that are not related to the usage of the SmartPLS software.
Suganthi
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Ms.Suganthi

Missing Values

Post by Suganthi »

Hi,

I have uploaded my SPSS file in csv format in SmartPLS 3, but I am not sure why it shows the missing value as 88. My sample size is 376. I also noticed that there is data missing for the indicators in the raw file. I am not sure why is this so. Can some one please assist me in my query?

Thank you.
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Re: Missing Values

Post by cringle »

You may save you SPSS file as Excel file. In Excel, you make sure that every missing value as an empty cell our you choose a specific value such as -9999. Then, save the file as csv and import it into SmartPLS. After the import, the data view opens (or double click on the data set). If you used empty cells, SmartPLS should automatically identify you missing values. If you used -9999, you need to enter the value under the missing value option in the data view (then, the view automatically refreshes and you see the number of missing).

Alternatively, why don't you treat all your missing values in SPSS and save the file as csv. Then, you do not encounter any missing value issues in SmartPLS.

Best
Christian
Suganthi
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Ms.Suganthi

Re: Missing Values

Post by Suganthi »

Thank you so much.