multigroup in smartpls 3 professional

This forum is closed, and read-only.
Julen
PLS User
Real name and title:

multigroup in smartpls 3 professional

Post by Julen »

Dear all,

I´m trying to conduct a Multi-Group (2 groups) analysis in "smartpls3 professional". I had 4 questions in my questionnaire related to these topic, and I have done the median split. I have created in my database a new column (variable),and in these column each menber of the sample gets either a 1 or a 2 value.

The database is "green", so nothing seems to be wrong there. I click "generate data groups", I choose my new variable in the "group column 0" box and I click "ok". Then in the screem it appears a message saying "creating new groups..." and the computer seems to be working on it. But whan I click in my database nothing seems to have been changed. And if I click "calculate" and "Multi-Group Analysis", groups A and Grups B boxes are red, as if no group were abailable to be chosen.

Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?
Thank you very much in advanced.
Julen
PLS User
Real name and title:

Re: multigroup in smartpls 3 professional

Post by Julen »

Dear all,

The problem seems to be in my database, even if it´s completely green.
I had some semicolons at the end of some rows, and these semicolons created new columns (it can be seen cliking "raw file" while the database is opened). All the celds (except the first arrow) must be numeric (not only numbers, but numeric).In my case the format chosen is numeric -1.234. My first arrow is also numeric, even if there are letters separated with "_".

I have "semicolon" as separator sign, escape sign "none", number format "german e.g. 1.000,23", "-999" for missing values.

I have also tried to manage it but still doesn´t work, groups are not created.

Anything in my database setting that might be wrong?

Thank you very much in advanced.
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Re: multigroup in smartpls 3 professional

Post by cringle »

Hi

I think we solved this issue by looking into your dataset. Otherwise, let's discuss next Tuesday.

Best
CR