Responses in this forum decreasing?

This forum is closed, and read-only.
stephan.kramer
PLS Expert User
Real name and title:

Responses in this forum decreasing?

Post by stephan.kramer »

Hello everybody,

Unfortunately, to me it seems that the responses to important questions have decreased significantly over the last months in this forum. And I am wondering resp. start to get worried about this.

With so many degrees of freedom in its application, I think PLS requires a steady and intensive exchange of ideas and opinions to keep it alive. Otherwise, as models (and problems) are becoming more complicated, researchers will turn their back on PLS and opt for more established and better documented approaches.

To reanimate the discussions here, I think that serious attempts should be undertaken in the future to increase the popularity of this forum while at the same time strengthen the information exchange of the community inside this forum.

This should not to be understood as an offense. I really appreciate(d) the support here but I just wanted to point some attention to this (in my view negative) development that I observed...

What do other users think?

Best regards,

Stephan
quant
PLS User
Real name and title:

Post by quant »

Dear Stephan,

the non-response to your question may underline your impression. I am just getting in touch with various problems in PLS-PM and therefore I am searching the forum regularly for hints on solutions to my questions. But most of the fitting topics I find are unanswered or the answers are outdated because newer, more sophisticated methods are available now.

This is again no offense since I'm very happy to have this forum and the SmartPLS software.

Maybe this is just the typical problem of many (specialized) online-forums. Many people need help and when they got it they leave the forum and never return to help others. I once closed an online-forum a few month after its foundation because of this phenomenon.

One should think of ways for increasing the incentive to help, e.g. by means of improving the respondents reputation, to make it a must (in forum rules) to cite any helful author of a post in your work... I'm sure there is a great amount of literature on that topic out there--maybe even some papers analyzing this phenomenon by means of PLS-PM...

Kind regards,
Christian
mtinggi
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by mtinggi »

Well I noticed that after the limited free period and the licence has
expired, and not able to re-activate them has led to some of us forgetting about the forums and news interaction. By the way, can you guys help me on how to reactivate the licence?????