Re:Moderator

This forum is closed, and read-only.
cmtaddeo
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Re:Moderator

Post by cmtaddeo »

I have 2 questions, I am wondering can you have more than one moderator in a model, and if so what is the maximum number of moderators that should be incorporated in a model?
I would also like any insights as to whether or not you can you have a moderator of a moderator.
Thank you
Carmel Maio-Taddeo
University of South Australia
Hengkov
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title: Hengky Latan

Post by Hengkov »

Hi,

If you have one moderator used two-way interaction
If you have two moderator used three-way interaction
If you have three moderator used four-way interaction

Best Regards,
Hengky
bradley7680
PLS Expert User
Real name and title: Dr. Bradley Wilson. Senior Lecturer in Advertising. School of Media and Communication. RMIT University.

Re: Re:Moderator

Post by bradley7680 »

yes.. this is true.

you might want to look at my chapter in the PLS handbook. this is on research gate.

I would add each moderator progressively and test contribution to r'square using cohen formula.

brad
Bradley Wilson. Ph.D. Senior Lecturer in Advertising. School of Media and Communication. RMIT University. Melbourne, Australia.
SEE: http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Bradley_Wilson2 http://scholar.google.com.au/citations? ... AAAJ&hl=en
mmnik
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: phd candidate of management

moderate effect

Post by mmnik »

hi
i have one moderate variable in my model. i use interaction term X* M(x= exogenous variable, y=endogenous variable, m=moderate variable) to analyze moderate effect . the path between x and y is significant(t>1.96),the path between m*x and y is significant too but the path between m and y is not significant. can i say "there is moderate effect"? or not?
thanks
mmnik
PLS Junior User

Post by mmnik »

is there any one to help me?
jmbecker
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Dr. Jan-Michael Becker

Post by jmbecker »

Yes, if your interaction term is significant then you can conclude a moderation effect. The direct effect of the moderator must be included in the model to get correct parameter estimates, but it must not be significant.
Dr. Jan-Michael Becker, BI Norwegian Business School, SmartPLS Developer
Researchgate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jan_Michael_Becker
GoogleScholar: http://scholar.google.de/citations?user ... AAAJ&hl=de
mmnik
PLS Junior User

Post by mmnik »

hi
I want to test moderate effect,in the model that include moderate variable and interaction term, is it necessary to test validity and reliability of variables?or run bootstarpping to test significance of paths is sufficient?
because when I run PLS algorithm and check AVE of variable, all of them are higher than 0.5 but for interaction term(X*M)is 0.29. what can I do?
thank you
mmnik
PLS Junior User

Post by mmnik »

hi there
who can answer my question?
Hengkov
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title: Hengky Latan

Post by Hengkov »

Hi,

Test validity and reliability before include interaction term, just it your problem.

Regards,
mmnik
PLS Junior User

Post by mmnik »

Hi,

thanks, I Test validity and reliability before include interaction term,and remove all indicators that had problem,But my problem don't disappear. I use these steps to test moderate effect:
1- test validity and reliability in basic model(X-->Y) and remove all indicators that have problem, then
2- enter moderate variable and test validity and reliability in this model and also remove all indicators that had problem. then
3- enter interaction term and test validity and reliability in this model( model with moderate variable and interaction term). and check significance of all paths. all things are OK except the AVE of interaction term(lower than 0.5).
so, what can I do? Is my method wrong?