Activation Key Problem (SmartPLS 2.0, Ubuntu 12.04)

This forum is closed, and read-only.
pr
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Activation Key Problem (SmartPLS 2.0, Ubuntu 12.04)

Post by pr »

Hello,

I'm experiencing constant problems trying to start Smart PLS 2.0 installed on my laptop with Ubuntu OS 12.04 64-bit with 32-bit Java 1.6 runtime. I was searching the forum in hope for finding solution but without any success, hence this message.

Right after installation and the first activation the program worked fine for about a week but then out of blue it started to ask about key. After inserting the key (no spaces, no break-lines, and valid till February) the message "the key was not accepted by server" is being displayed and further work is not possible. I have tried to reinstall SmartPLS on Ubuntu but the problem remains the same. I even ran a TCP dump and connected to key server directly in my browser but it only came back with word "false".

I would like to underline that the program has been activated by myself twice using the same key - on Ubuntu OS and Windows 7 OS, and I did not share the key with anyone. It looks like I somehow unintentionally reached three installations limit. The program has been installed on /opt, and have rights to write in ~/workspace and subdirectories. I do not use any proxy, while starting the program I had also active Internet connection. I could send any .log or other file upon request.

I'm afraid that even with the new key I still would be not able to start it because it seems to me to be a bug.

Thank you in advance for your help, any guidance would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Patrycja
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Post by cringle »

Hi

Please contact Mr. Lukaszewski at my institute. On hi Ubuntu, SmartPLS runs fine.

Best
Christian
pr
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by pr »

Hello again,

Many thanks for pointing the contact person. I hope it will soon works fine on my Ubuntu as well :-)

Best regards,
Patrycja
Adam Lukaszewski
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by Adam Lukaszewski »

Hi,

please, send my your log files. Especially the ones you have in the .meta directory of our smartPLS intstallation dir. I need to make some more investigations before I can give you hints/solutions on that issue.

I suggest to figure out and disucss the problem here in that forum since other use could have similar problems.

Best regards,
Adam Lukaszewski
pr
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Post by pr »

Hi,

Sure I agree to discuss the issue here. Hoping it would benefit other users as well.
The log files are quit long so I sent them directly to your mailbox without copying them here.

Best regards,
Patrycja
smuthaly
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Issue with activation key

Post by smuthaly »

Dear "Gurus",

I have a problem with cutting and pasting the activation key.

I have had this message appearing:-

"The key wasn't accepted by the server!"

Please guide me on how I can resolve this issue.

I have been trying to install SMARTPLS on my Dell tablet which runs on Windows 8 platform.

Thank and look forward to some kind guidance from the experts.

Cheers

Siva
Hengkov
PLS Super-Expert
Real name and title: Hengky Latan

Post by Hengkov »

Hi Siva,

Hmmm, you already used license key more than 3x for activate SmartPLS, thus server not accept. Contact administrator for re-activate your key.

Best Regards,
Hengky
daojuan
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

““the key wasn’t accepted by the server”

Post by daojuan »

Dear PLS experts,

I am now using SmartPLS for my dissertation. i encounter the same problem mentioned by the above users. When i input the new key, i was told “the key wasn’t accepted by the server". Could you please help me solve this problem. Thank you very much. I will highly appreciate it.

Daojuan Wang
daojuan wang