Cannot install / run smart PLS on Windows 7 / JAVA problem

This forum is closed, and read-only.
cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Post by cringle »

Hi David

Are you using the correct key? The one which we sent to you has become invalid. You need to log into www.smartpls.de and to press on "My key" in the right upper corner. Copy and paste that key into the activation window.

Otherwise, I have no other suggestions. I just tried the procedure (at my university) - things have been working fine.

Cheers
Christian

P.S. I "upgraded" you key for up to five activations so that you don't run into the upper limit that fast.
normaliniphd
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

complete install

Post by normaliniphd »

Hi CR

I have installed with JAva 6 version and windows 7. when i launch PLS, no activation key require. And now I cant see any symbol or function to start the drawing. pls advise. thanks

Rgds
Lin
normalini md kassim
normalinimk
PLS Junior User
Real name and title:

Can't run

Post by normalinimk »

Dear CRingle,

I am using JRE 6.0. windows 7. I received an email from admin the activation key. I try to install PLS. First time, windows not require me to key in the activation key. The windows direct to choose the workspace. is it normal process. Please advise.
cringle wrote:Hi

I just started SmartPLS on Windows 7 - everything runs perfectly fine.

The problem may be the SmartPLS workspace folder (as indicated in other responses). Windows Vista and Windows 7 virtually translates the name of the program files folder into your language. This does not work with SmartPLS.

Just try for example:

c:\smartPLs\workspace

as workspace folder.

Best regards
Christian
lin
sunitapr
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Sunita Pradhan

Re: Cannot install / run smart PLS on Windows 7 / JAVA problem

Post by sunitapr »

Thanks for the solutions. I'd also face similar issue.