Reflective-Formative HCM | R Square

PLS is broadly applied in modern business research. This forum is the right place for discussions on the use of PLS in the fields of Marketing, Strategic Management, Information Technology etc.
Cappymac
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Chris Lin

Reflective-Formative HCM | R Square

Post by Cappymac » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:15 am

Dear community,

relying on guidance by Hair et al. (2018, pp. 62) I have used the repeated indicators approach to
model my 2nd order Reflective-Formative construct.

Yet, I am not sure how to calculate my R² ( see attached picture).

I would be grateful for any advice how to proceed.

Cheers

Chris

-----------------------

Hair, J. F., Sarstedt, M., Ringle, C. M., and Gudergan, S. P. 2018. Advanced Issues in Partial Least Squares Structural Equation Modeling, Los Angeles: SAGE.
Attachments
Picture3.jpg
Model
Picture3.jpg (185.63 KiB) Viewed 1261 times

AmerSaeed
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Amer Saeed

Re: Reflective-Formative HCM | R Square

Post by AmerSaeed » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:10 pm

Perhaps you are at the first stage of the two-stage approach and currently you are getting the R square of Formative construct which is being totally explained by its indicators (first level constructs). Now you need to copy Latent Variable scores into an Excel File. Make a new CSV file and then by creating a new path model and using new CSV file. Draw your model with indicators in the new file. That will give you true R square and all other required information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRND-H- ... jreload=10

This video will guide you through the whole process and I hope you can get what you needed.

AmerSaeed
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Amer Saeed

Post by AmerSaeed » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:10 pm

Perhaps you are at the first stage of the two-stage approach and currently you are getting the R square of Formative construct which is being totally explained by its indicators (first level constructs). Now you need to copy Latent Variable scores into an Excel File. Make a new CSV file and then by creating a new path model and using new CSV file. Draw your model with indicators in the new file. That will give you true R square and all other required information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRND-H- ... jreload=10

This video will guide you through the whole process and I hope you can get what you needed.

Cappymac
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Chris Lin

Post by Cappymac » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:42 pm

Dear AmerSaeed,

thank you for your advice - it pointed me in the right
direction!

Cheers,

Chris