HCM: Typ Reflective-Formative and Formativ-Formative

PLS is broadly applied in modern business research. This forum is the right place for discussions on the use of PLS in the fields of Marketing, Strategic Management, Information Technology etc.
Boddien
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Boddien

HCM: Typ Reflective-Formative and Formativ-Formative

Post by Boddien » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:04 pm

Dear forum,

I have a SEM with 3 HCMs: 2 HCMS of formative-formative type and 1 HCM of reflective-formative type.

My questions:
1. Regarding the formative-formative type: Do I have to use a global single item not only for the HOC but also for each of the LOCs for validity purposes?
2. Do the LOCs of the reflective-formative type have to have each the same number of indicators?
3. Where can I find more detailed information regarding the assessment of the reflective-formative type?
3. As the model is non-recursive, I would like to take the score of the PLS estimates and then do a Two-Stage Least Squares (2SLS) regression analysis. What kind of software can do the 2SLS part? Or is there now a possibility to model that in smartpls?
Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
Simone

cringle
SmartPLS Developer
Real name and title: Prof. Dr. Christian M. Ringle

Re: HCM: Typ Reflective-Formative and Formativ-Formative

Post by cringle » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:29 pm

check the chapter on hoc here: https://www.smartpls.com/documentation/ ... sem-issues

@1: no. you either use the repeated indicator approach or the two stage approach.

@2: should have.

@3: see above ref.

@4: 2SLS in R, SPSS, Statistica, Stata

Best
Christian

Boddien
PLS Junior User
Real name and title: Boddien

Re: HCM: Typ Reflective-Formative and Formativ-Formative

Post by Boddien » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:40 am

Thank you very much for clearifying my questions!

Best regards,
Simone